Bella's Blessings

Saturday, June 18, 2011

It's All About the Dogs


Dog=Man's best Friend

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.  ~Author Unknown
I grew up with many dogs throughout my childhood ( Bucky, Lolly, Waldo, Bucky II, Lady, McMurphy) and my parents loved their dogs- they still do.  Kirk did not have alot of experiences with dogs as his dad was allergic to dogs.  So when we first got married, I wanted a dog.  I was promptly told "no way, not ever!"  I was able to talk Kirk into some cats- Mitty and Tabby.  Thus  began the lost cat years.  I loved my cats but still wanted a dog.  Many years later I brought home a little puppy- Mikey.  I loved him fiercely, but was not a good dog owner.  He was a miniature Aussie mix and thought we were all his sheep and he was in charge of all of us.  This was fine if no one else ever came over.  I was very busy at the time as a new mom with three little babies and did not do a good job of training him.  We did bring him to Austin, but he escaped a few years later and never came home.  I was heart broken and still feel like I let him down.  Four years ago I finally talked Kirk into getting Maggie.  I was going to do everything right with this one- Brooke picked her out at the shelter ( or I should say, she picked us).  Connor, Kirk, and I took her to obedience lessons.  Kirk and Maggie fell in love and they are inseparable.  She pines for him at the door while he is at work.  She is an awesome dog!  Lately, I have been wanting another dog for Maggie to play with and Connor to take care of.  Well we found him- Buster.  One of my teacher's dogs at work unexpectedly had Australian Shepherd puppies.  I usually like to  get  puppies at the pound ( you know saving a life), but these babies also needed a home.  She brought them to school and I fell in love with the little girl, Kathy called her Dora.  I brought Connor to see her and this little male puppy ran right up to him- talk about love at first sight.  The rest is history- Kirk had to say okay and we brought him home a week ago and Connor named him Buster.  Connor is doing great getting up with him and caring for him.  I am loving it and Kirk is beginning to get attached.  He actually watched Buster this morning while Connor and I were gone.  Connor plans on doing agility training with this pup as everyone has told me - these dogs need a job.  He has and will continue to bring a lot of joy into our lives.  All of my children have dogs- so here are pictures of all the dogs in my life- I have taken care of them all at one time or another!

Leo- Abbey's boyfriend, Justin's dog- he comes over regularly to play with Maggie

Milo- my mom and dad's huge Mastiff

Harley- my mom and dads other dog- he likes Milo
Bauer and Scout - the first grand dogs - belonging to Luci and Jeremy
Callie- Brooke and Travis' dog- she lived with us for a few weeks
Our new baby- Buster

Maggie and Kirk
Had to include these:



Finley and Bauer
Callie and Hudson
Bauer and Finley again- so cute

No comments:

Post a Comment