Bella's Blessings

Thursday, June 9, 2011

29 and Counting!

Kirk and I were married 29 years on June 5th.  We spent the night in Surfside after most of the kids had left my beach birthday bash.  Justin also took us out to dinner with Abbey and Connor in Galveston.  We went to an ice cream parlor afterwards and it was so much fun.  I was like a kid in a candy store- Kirk was his usual with self control- although I talked him into an ice cream cone and a cherry shake- yum!  We will go to New Orleans in a couple of weeks to really celebrate- but thanks to Abbey and especially Justin for making us feel so special on our night.  I need to also thank Kirk for 29 wonderful years.  I remember a card we got on our wedding day which said " be good to each other though the good times and bad- there will be plenty of both ."  At first I thought why would this person give this to us on our wedding day- but it is so true and you know after all these years the bad times make the good times so much better. So after 4 kids, 3 grand kids, a job layoff, my medical issues, 3 kids through college, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 birds ( okay- I know that was pushing it), and 12 of those years in graduate school between the two of us, life is truly a blessing.  I have been so blessed to call this wonderful man my husband, partner, and best friend for 29 years.  You know- I think the best is yet to come! Here are some pics of the love of my life!

My Favorite picture of all time!
Kirk with his beloved Maggie- he loves her more than me sometimes
Kirk and his other love - UT with Brooke

Love! Love! Love!
Kirk and Abbey

Anniversary dinner in Galveston
Abbey, Justin, and Connor in Galveston
Kirk with baby Hudson!
Kirk, Travis, and Jeremy on the way to UT game

Sweet Luci and Jeremy

What a Blessing!

Count Your Blessings, Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment