Bella's Blessings

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Trust in God


“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” 



I have been watching the elementary shooting coverage and am so overcome with grief.  I have such honor for the school administrators and teachers who saved the lives of many students by following their safety plan.  We just had a lock down drill at my school as we  practice our safety plan monthly.  I always become a little teary eyed as I practice these procedures.  My job first and foremost is to keep my school safe.  It is a huge responsibility that school officials take on. The principal who perished was doing her job and following the safety plan for her school.  She is a hero.  The teachers which read to their students, got them to safety, and told them they were loved are heroes as well.  There are no explanations for what happened.  There is no way to make sense of any of this.  In times like these I turn to God for comfort and clarification.  My childhood friend Annette wrote a beautiful blog this morning about time and to not put off your relationship with God and those you love.  Reach out to those you love today.

I pray for peace for the families who lost a loved one.  I pray for the children and town that will rebound from this tragedy.  I pray for all teachers that have to go back to work Monday and teach our children.  I pray for you that you will take the time to reach out to your family or friend and tell them you love them.  Most importantly, I pray you take time from this busy holiday season to spend time with those you love and give thanks for the many blessings in your life.  You never know what tomorrow brings.

Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment