Bella's Blessings

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ring in the Good News!

Well its the new year and everyone is healthy and happy.  We just got good news that Travis and Brooke are relocating to Lafayette La.  That means our grand baby will be 7.5 hours away from us!  I have taken the news with as much grace as I can muster...all I can say is God has been right by my side all week.  They told us this week and we are so excited and proud of Travis and his job promotion.  He will be the branch manager of his roofing material distributing company in Lafayette.  Brooke has handled this news with such ease and grace considering she is 7 months pregnant.  She found a doctor and hospital the day she got the news.  She has now found temporary housing and is already working with a realtor to buy their first house by the end of February.  The baby comes March 25th!  I am so proud of her!  So it looks like I will be making trips to Lafayette and Oklahoma on a regular basis.

 I have thought this week so much about being away from Brooke and the baby and I know we will all be fine.  I feel so connected to my grand kids in Oklahoma and Luci and Jeremy that I know extended families in long distances can work.  So that is life the way it is- not necessarily how I planned it or wanted it but it is what it is.  Brooke and Travis will leave next Sunday to begin this new journey for their family.  I know they are strong and I know they will grow and become stronger in their faith.  God will be with them!  After all they are not my children- they are His and this is all part of His plan.  I just wish the plan included all of us living in one city- but I am sure my momma wished the same thing and so did her momma when she left to have me in Seattle, WA.  Life goes on and God is good all the time!  So 2011 is a time for change. 


Change always comes bearing gifts.  ~Price Pritchett

If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies.  ~Author Unknown

 Sweet Brooke Marie and  Baby Hudson Alan

1 comment:

  1. Well said, Lynn. I'm going to miss them, and Kirby will miss Callie. I can't believe they are leaving so soon.

    ReplyDelete