Bella's Blessings

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It's the Moments That Take Your Breath Away

What a whirlwind of a few days. Let's see- grand kids, Jeremy's 25th birthday, Reba and George Strait concert, Brooke's shower, family wedding, trip to Lafayette to help Brooke and Travis get settled.  So where to begin.  I think I will begin with a George Strait Song-" The Breath You Take."  This is the song that meant the most to me as I sat through his wonderful concert.  Here are the chorus lyrics to that song:

Life’s not the breaths you take
The breathing in and out
That gets you through the day
Ain’t what it’s all about
Ya just might miss the point
Try’n to win the race
Life’s not the breaths you take
But the moments that take your breath away

So the moments that took my breath away these last couple of days- 
Finley's big girl bed- Finley has moved out of her crib, so Abbey cleaned out her room so we could childproof it and Finley had a room with toys and  Tinkerbell sheets. She was so excited she jumped up and down and giggled when she saw it!

Jeremy's Birthday- can't believe my first baby is 25 and has two babies of his own.  We all went out for hamburgers then a real grown up movie date with Jeremy, Luci, and Abbey- Connor, Brooke, and Travis took the babies home and watched them. 

Reba and George- Wow!  What a concert!  My sweet husband bought tickets for my Christmas present.  I loved it.  The special moment was when George sang Kirk and mines song- "Amarillo by Morning."  I know he was singing it to us!

Brooke's Shower- my girls- Abbey and Luci and Travis' sister Tracy put this on for her.  It was a special shower with family and friends.  Thank you to all who came and made it so special for her.
Emily and John's wedding- Saturday night the whole family was invited and we all went-even the babies.  Finely made some new friends with the flower girl twins.  Emily is a childhood friend of Jeremy.  We love her family and had a fabulous time!  It was nice to have dinner and dancing with everyone all dressed up!  A special moment was Kirk and I dancing with baby Carter.






















Lafayette here we come- well this is bitter sweet.  I drove with Brooke on Sunday to Lafayette.  I helped Travis and her get settled.  They put a contract on a house tonight so let's all pray it goes through.  It would be nice for Brooke to be settled before baby Hudson gets here in  9 weeks.   The moment that stays with me is her hugging her daddy before we pulled away from our home in Austin.  It was a sad moment, but I know we have raised a strong daughter and she will be fine.  Travis has been such a sweet heart supporting her!








So there you have it- the moments that take my breath away!  How blessed I am to have this life and family.  I pray that you stop to remember the moments in your life that take your breath away!


No comments:

Post a Comment