Bella's Blessings

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Some Day My Prince Will Come

Well I have to tell you, my prince has come and been with me for almost 29 years.  I just wanted to finish the last blog of this year telling Kirk how much I love and appreciate him.  He has been my rock for all these years and seriously makes life worth living.  I know that living with me at times can be challenging after all I like to spend he likes to save, I like a " lived in house" he likes a "neat and orderly" house, I like to go out most of the time he likes to stay in most of the time,  I like complicated he likes simple, I like Barry Manilow he doesn't, and I like loud he likes quiet.  So how does he do it after all these years?  Well he loves me with all his heart and I appreciate it!  A great friend told me that a song by  Martina McBride called "For all the Things We 've Never Done" reminded him of Kirk and me.  Here are the lyrics:

They drank their anniversary glass
A silent moment passed
Then they kissed
She knows there's something on his mind
He'll tell her in due time
What it is

He says "I've never built
Your mansion on a hill
Or warmed you in the Spanish sun
I simply blink my eye
And think as years fly by
Of all the things we've never done"

She smiles and takes his hand in hers
And says "It just occurred
To me now
The thought that brings you such regret
What hasn't happened yet
It makes me proud..."

"You never walked away
When I needed you to stay
Or made me feel I'm not the one
There've been no broken vows
And there reason we're here now
Is all the things we've never done"

"We've never grown apart
You never broke my heart
With secrets that you've kept me from
We've never been untrue
And I'm still here with you
Through all the things we've never done"

I can't think of anymore to add except I thank God each day for blessing me with such a wonderful husband!
Here are some pictures of the Love of my life!



No comments:

Post a Comment