Bella's Blessings

Saturday, July 30, 2011

God Bless the Child

Sweet baby Hudson was baptized yesterday.  It was a glorious day.  Brooke and Travis planned a private Baptism with family at the chapel of the Catholic church they had their marriage blessed in.  It was a wonderful ceremony with so much love for the little guy in the room.  Travis was so proud of his son.  The priest said he was a perfect baby during the ceremony.  Afterwards, the Hausmann's had a cookout at their beautiful house.  I had the privilege of getting the cakes.  We got a cake for baby Hudson of course and a surprise cake for Brooke and Travis.  The cake was the same cake that was Travis' grooms cake, but in the state of Texas and with a Texas flag.  See, today is the big move for them.  They fly out to Denver at 5:30 tonight.  Kirk and I have such mixed feelings about the move.  We thought Lafayette was a long way- but Denver...I am one who does not expect my kids to stay around me my whole life- but I certainly want it!  So it is with mixed emotions we will send them off.  I have promised myself I will not cry today.  This is a great opportunity for their little family and will only make them stronger.  We are so proud of them and the way they live their lives.  A good friend told me once that every child must create their own journey and follow it.  I know that God will be with them all on this journey.  He will be here with us on ours as well.  God Bless little Hudson, Brooke, and Travis.   Welcome to the family of God, Hudson!

One tiny hand to guide and hold,
One tiny life to shape and mold;
each child, a gift from God above,
a symbol of His strength and love.



Connor and Tracy are now Godparents!

Hausmann's and Smith's

God Bless Texas

God Bless Hudson
Count Your Blessings,
Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment