Bella's Blessings

Saturday, July 23, 2011

It Was a Bat Birthday

Last week was my sweetie's birthday!  I kept asking Kirk what he wanted to do and of course he had no idea.  We had planned the traditional family birthday dinner on his actual birthday- but I always want to spice things up for my traditional, steady, and constant level husband.  So one of our goals this year was to see more of Austin and enjoy the many things Austin offers.  So, I  surprised Kirk and picked him up from work and took him downtown- you know for us that is past the Mopac/360 interchange.  Anyway, we went to the Hyatt and had drinks and an early dinner, then we went to the river and took a boat tour to see the bats.  So fun!  We were on the boat with many tourists and heard all about the skyline of Austin.  We also then saw the bats leave the Congress street bridge.  So very cool to have those millions of bats fly over your head!    We had a great time and Kirk even told me it was a nice surprise- the ultimate complement from him. The next night on his actual birthday, I cooked a pasta dinner as he requested and  we had no cake this year- but pies from Marie Calendars.  Abbey and Justin came over to celebrate with Connor and me.  Always a fun time.  He did not want anyone at work to know it was his birthday- so I sent Tiff's Cookies to him at work with a big birthday balloon.  Fun being married to me- I was hoping to totally embarrass him- but apparently everyone already knew because at Google if it is your birthday the IM message tells everyone you communicate with. Very cool!  It was a good couple of days and he always is a good sport because he loves me!  Pictures from our bat tour:


The Birthday Boy!  I just love him!

Yikes- Bats over our heads....

Austin Skyline

Ahh! Austin Sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment