Bella's Blessings

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Extreme Makeover- Work. Home. Me

Well, vacation is over and I am back at school.  I am really looking forward to this year.  Our administrative team and teachers have worked so hard to get our school where it is and it is in an awesome place.  We are going Recognized again this year- which is so exciting.  My principal is a great leader and is pushing us toward new technology and creating strong learning systems- so it is an awesome time to be a Deerpark Ranger.  Work is also fun.  That quote comes to mind- " work hard, play harder."  Well we have a lot of fun and play at work.  This year at work we have a great theme- Extreme Makeover- STAAR Edition ( you know the new STAAR test for those of you not in Education ).  I have also decided to adopt this theme for myself as well. Kirk and I plan on selling our house when Connor graduates in 2013, so we are going to begin updating the house over the next two years.  Perhaps we can do much of it ourselves.  Those of you that know us well might be laughing at this moment- but we are going to try.  I am also going to continue the Extreme Makeover on my self as well.  I have been on a low carb diet for almost a year and have had some success at weight loss.  I am going to continue this road to better health and continue swimming.  We are doing a 5K at our school in September- so I will also begin the daily run/walk to train.  I used to enjoy 5K's many years ago.  The last one I was in I walked with Luci and Finley ( in her stroller) and asked her to stop at Jack in the Box to get a diet coke 1/2 way through the race.  So I guess I need to get a little more serious.
For educators- August is always a good time to set new goals- new students, new beginnings, new year.  For my teacher friends- welcome back and have a great year!

Here is a picture of my design board for the color scheme of the house.  It is still a work in progress.  The picture in the middle is helping me keep the eye on the prize- a lake house with a fabulous view!


Count Your Blessings! Bella

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mrs. Smith,
    You should check out pinterest...they have a lot of great decorating/remodeling ideas!
    Love, Kelly

    ReplyDelete