Bella's Blessings

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Life Couldn't Be Better




After a hard week at work, I had the best weekend. 

It was TAKS week last week.  To me- that means 1000 TAKS books, 1000 TAKS Documents, and various groupings of students each day. I am responsible for all of it - start to finish!  I have tons of help, but let me tell you the pressure is on!  So when I walked out of the office Friday- Connor and I hit the road and drove to Dallas to stay with Momses and Papa for the night.  Kirk was in Omaha, Nebraska at Warren Buffett's annual conference with Jeremy.  Connor and I then went to Oklahoma to see Luci and the babies.  Connor drove for over 200 miles and I was very proud of him.  I am getting used to the idea of him driving.  His 16th birthday on June 25th cannot get here fast enough for him.  He is anticipating his freedom and I am looking forward to him being able to get himself places.  Of course I tell him he will always have his leash- his cell phone!  We spent the night at church, dinner, and playing with Finley and Carter.  Kirk and Jeremy got home that evening.  Jeremy and Luci ran a 1/2 marathon on Sunday and had to be up and out of the house by 5:00 AM, which meant we had the kids Sunday morning.  We had an awesome time.  Carter seemed to remember me.  Finley loves her time with Bella, Pops, and Connor.  She also likes me to make  "drink" and "snack" for her.  I was so proud of Jeremy and Luci for running in the race.  It has been great exercise for them and an opportunity to be a couple.  The race was in memory of the Oklahoma City Bombing victims.  What an ironic day - considering the death of Bin Laden was that evening.  Although there is no direct link of Ben Ladin to the Oklahoma City Bombings- there is thought to be a loose connection with the Oklahoma City Bombing.  Luci has written a great blog about her experiences in the race that I have found very inspiring at http://thesmithfamily-luci.blogspot.com/.  God was definitely with Jeremy and Luci as they were running and with us as we cared for His most precious gifts- His Children!  Here are some precious moments:

What a Life!  Cuddling with Finley and Carter!

Kirk and Finley Playing " Lip Gloss"


Cuddling with Connor
          “Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild.” ~ Welsh Proverb
I am blessed to have three perfect grandchildren!
Count Your Blessings, Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment