Bella's Blessings

Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Little Time to Myself

This it one of the digital pages I made

I am having a great weekend.  This is the 2nd year in a row I have gone to a scrapbooking retreat over Mother's Day!  Well, I have hit the jackpot here.  I am outside of Fort Worth at Hobby House Hill.  It is a scrapbookers paradise and in the country, so far away from anything.  This lovely couple owns it and cooked all our meals.  Talk about great food.  I told Cindy, her cooking is a cross between Paula Dean and the Pioneer Woman.  No way to stay on a low carb diet here.  I finished all of my projects last night ( Friday ) and today I have moved to the digital format of Creative Memories.  Still playing around with it, and not sure if I really like it but I did make a book for Hudson and am almost finished with a book for Carter.  I was able to skype with all the grandkids for Mother's Day and my good friend Dana and my other friends up here were able to see the kids.  It was so fun.  Most importantly I am finally relaxed and ready to go back and finish the school year.  They have tons of birds out here and each morning I have just sat and watched the birds for a while.  You know it is good to take the time and stop and listen to nothing at times.  It clears the mind and does the soul good!  In this fast paced world, sometimes we just need to get away from it all.  It will add years to your life!                         

Count Your Blessings, Bella



The barn in the picture is where we scrapbooked and watched continuous "Chick Flicks"

The sweet birds!  I called Kirk each morning and made him listen to them.  He gets me- he really does!




No comments:

Post a Comment