Bella's Blessings

Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Joyous Day

Well  yesterday was a joyous day on so many levels.  Uncle Ami's funeral was a joyous celebration of his life here on earth.  The mass was beautiful - full of all the  "bells and whistles" just as he would have wanted.  The priest gave a moving homily on Job 19- " For I know my Redeemer lives...." He was full of such joy for Uncle Ami that he is with our Redeemer now. Uncle Ami's extended family was in full force.  For the first time in 2 years my mom and dad had all of their children together.  Here we are last night at our gathering after the funeral.

                   Here we are- Lloyd, me, Ellen, and Daniel.   Uncle Ami's flag is on the fire place.   He served in the Navy in WWII.


Jeremy, my oldest son was able to come in.  Thank you to my sweet daughter in law in Oklahoma for holding the fort down at home.  Brooke was able to be with me and my parents on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Thanks to Travis, my awesome son in  law for letting her have this time with us.  Abbey held the fort down in Austin, taking care of the dog and most importantly Connor who could not come due to commitments with school. I love you both and will be home soon.  It was also wonderful to see my cousins- Leigh and Cheryl and my favorite Uncle John.  Also another blessing was my best friend form Plano, Mary surprised us by coming to the funeral and reception.  So it was a glorious day and such a blessing.  Finally thanks to my sweet husband and his unending love and support.  Life just wouldn't be worth it without you!

I really need to give a special hug to my boss, Sonya.  She had to hold the school down without either of her AP's there and although she is the most capable principal I know- it is hard work.  Thanks Sonya for your support and friendship- and yes I am coming back to work!

So live your life honoring the past, enjoying the present, and looking forward to the future.  Life is a blessing!


No comments:

Post a Comment