Bella's Blessings

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Bless The Children

They grow up so fast. My baby girl, Brooke, is 23 today and about to be a momma herself in March.  Where did the time go?  Well, I know when I was in the " thick of it " with babies born back to back;  Jeremy in 1986, Brooke in '87, and Abbey in '88,  I was so busy trying to be the best mom I could to these three blessings.  I don't mind telling you, it was the hardest job I ever had.  I remember my goal each day was to get them all to nap at the same time so I could have two precious hours for myself.  I would call home to my momma and tell her how hard it was and she would say "each day will get a little better."  Well I have to say-my momma is usually right,  each day did get a little better.  I look back at those years with such joy at the time that I had with my children.  I really appreciate my husband for working so hard so I could stay at home with our children.  He made sacrifices and they have not gone unnoticed throughout the years.  I could not have asked for a better dad for my children.  Just ask them- he is much better at the adult/parent  thing than I am.  They are all still my babies and it is hard some days to have them all grown up.  I cannot finish blogging without telling you about the real baby in the family- he is not all grown yet- Connor came along in 1995.  He has been such a blessing to our entire family.  He has by far been the easiest to parent.  I guess Kirk and I have had lots of practice.  He is also very blessed with this easy going personality. He has had lot of mother figures beside me throughout the years. With two older sisters who live in town and a sister in law that was his nanny, he has many people watching over him and telling him what to do. He takes this all in stride. So with that all said- Children are a blessing from the Lord!  To all my friend's children and  my own children - never forget to give thanks for the time you have with your children. They are God's gift to you and you only have them for a short time!  Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

My wonderful husband getting some loving from his sweet Finley


Connor and his friend  Shelby before the homecoming dance 
.  


No comments:

Post a Comment