Bella's Blessings

Monday, July 8, 2013

Road Trip

I came through Austin at the end of June to celebrate Connor's 18th birthday, see Abbey's new house, and head to San Antonio to see Brooke and the boys.  I brought Finley Grace with me and we had a great time. First stop:

Austin for Connor's Birthday!  Connor turns 18!  Between our sweet friends the Sloans, Abbey, and myself, we were able to pull off a surprise party for Connor, planned in 24 hours.  We really surprised him.  We had the party at Kobe steak house - his favorite restaurant.  

Momma Slaon ( that is what Connor calls her) and myself


The birthday boy with his friends

Finley and Wyatt

Wyatt and Justin

Paper birds that Connor made for Finley


Happy Birthday Connor

2nd stop San Antonio: After a peaceful night in Abbey and Justin's new place, Finley and I headed to San Antonio to see Brooke and Travis, Hudson, and Caleb.  Both my girls are so hospitable and so are my son in laws.  I am so thankful , appreciative, and respectful, that they open their homes to us. We had a great time- We went swimming and had great food to eat.  It was so relaxing to spend time with Brooke and her boys.  Here are some pictures to capture the moments.

Cupcake making with Finley

Hudson joins the fun

Sweet Caleb!
“True hospitality is marked by an open response to the dignity of each and every person. Henri Nouwen has described it as receiving the stranger on his own terms, and asserts that it can be offered only by those who 'have found the center of their lives in their own hearts'.” 

Count your Blessings, Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment