Bella's Blessings

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Congratulations Brooke

....for the individual, education is the path to achievement and fulfillment; for the Nation, it is a path to a society that is not only free but civilized; and for the world, it is the path to peace- for it is education that places reason over force.
                                                                                                                    Lyndon Baines Johnson

What a great quote and so fitting for today.  Kirk and I got to see out second child graduate from college ( 4th child if you count my daughter in law and son in law).  It never ceases to bring a tear to my eye, especially  from Kirk and mine's Alma Mater- The University of Texas, when I attend a graduation ceremony. As I was singing The Eye's of Texas today- I thought to myself- not only how proud I was of my Brookie with her 4.0 and highest honor graduation- but also what a blessed country we live in to have the opportunity we have for education.  I work hard as a public educator to make sure my kids at school know that their education is a opportunity that cannot be taken lightly or ignored.  Education, next to God and Family is one of my highest values in life. I thankfully have been able to convey this value to my own children.  I am so proud of Brooke.  She will be home for a couple of years raising her children ( Hudson comes in March).  After that I know she will make a difference in the lives of the children she teaches.  The family legacy continues.....what a blessing!


So proud of Brooke Marie!   Look at all those honor cords!

The graduate and mommy to be at her graduation party!


Walking across the stage to get her diploma!


No comments:

Post a Comment