Bella's Blessings

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Great Grandparents and Grandparents

My mom always told me that she loved her grand kids more than her kids.  I didn't understand that until I had grand kids- but I get it now.  Finley, Carter, and Hudson are perfect in every way.

 I like to go to Dallas and meet the grand kids there so I can take them to my parents house.  We did this a couple of weekends ago. For my birthday,  Friday night Jeremy and I went to see Mamma Mia as we have season tickets. I loved it!   The actor that sang " The Winner Takes It All" had me in tears.  I even think Jeremy showed a little emotion after that song.  It was fabulous. Kirk had to watch Finley at the hotel and get her to bed.  He was moderately successful.  The next day the boys played golf and Finely and I set off to see Momses and Pappa and " the big dogs."  She is so comfortable at my mom and dad's house.  She knows where the toys are and enjoys her visits.  It is delightful to see my parents interact with her.  We went to the toy store to get a toy for Carter.  She picked out a Winnie the Pooh for him.  We also went to the park that afternoon.  It was a quite Saturday with grandparents and great grandparents loving on a perfect little girl!

Here are the pics:

Pappa put pillows behind her back so she could eat- so sweet!

On the big slide!

Perfectly, perfect Finley Grace Smith




A week earlier, we went to Waco to visit mom and Stephen for mom's birthday.  She is a young spirit and enjoys visits with her grand kids.  Ross brought the girls as Debbie and Hunter stayed back in Dallas due to illness. We brought Connor, Abbey, and Justin.  Stephen cooked a wonderful meal and we had a great afternoon celebrating mom's birthday.  Ross and Debbie's girls are so wonderful.





Stephen, mom, and Abbey

Ross, Lauren, and Bella

We love our new son!

Happy Birthday Mom!




Grandparents make the world...a little softer, a little kinder, a little warmer. 


"I love this child. Red-haired — patient and gentle like her mother — fey and funny like her father. When she giggles I can hear him when he and I were young. I am part of this child. It may be only because we share genes and that therefore smell familiar to each other.... It may be that a part of me lives in her in some important way.... But for now, it’s jelly beans and 'Old MacDonald' that unite us."

 Count Your Blessings, Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment