Bella's Blessings

Thursday, June 14, 2012

30 Years Ago Today

Hmm- 30 years ago today- isn't that the beginning of a Beatles song?  Well the Beatles music lives on and  so do Kirk and I- without the break up of course.  As of June 5th, we were married 30 years.  Where did the time go?  I so remember our courtship at UT and all the dorm parties, trash can punch, UT games, intramural teams, and oh studying.  He did much more of that than I did.  It seems like just yesterday.  I know I am lucky to have married a great man who is also my best friend and loves me no matter what.  We work hard at marriage and life and most days it really pays off.  Many people have asked us- how do you do it- stay together for so long?  Well the only answer I can think of is we just do it- with a lot of help of course.  We have God and the commitment we made to each other on June 5, 1982.  We have had support from our parents, our friends, and our children as they grow into adults.  So I don't have anything really philosophical to say about marriage.  It is just something we do, day in and day out.  Some days it is really awesome and some days it is okay.  That is life.  I wouldn't trade my life with Kirk for anything in the world. It is my life, my marriage, my spouse.  It is who I am and to quote a movie- he completes me!  So here is a poem dedicated to the love of my life that I read 30 years ago:

What made us come together long ago
Well I think I know
The best in me and the best in you hailed us through because
Always and always since time began
Our being together was part of God's Plan!

I love you Kirk Alan Smith!  We actually went out to the Melting Pot and had a lovely dinner for our anniversary!



Count Your Blessings, Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment