Bella's Blessings

Monday, August 15, 2011

Empty Nest and Adjusting

Well the empty nest for Kirk and I has begun.  Connor is still home but driving, so I do not have to be at his beckon call.  We had the whole weekend to ourselves and looked at each other this weekend and said what do we do? On top of it we were both exhausted from our work week.  So what did we do????  We slept, read, worked out, watched movies, saw a movie, household chores, laundry, worked a little bit and went to the grocery store.  Nothing very special other than peace and quiet and enjoying each others company.  I can't say I actually loved the peace and quiet because I love the chaos and noise of a big family.  I really miss the kids and grand kids.  Abbey is even on vacation in Rhode Island.  So the house is eerily quiet.  Kirk and I are adjusting and I am sure I will find new ways to bring " noise " in the house.  They will all be back for Labor Day Weekend and the first Westwood and Longhorn game.   So enjoy the noise when it is there and take the time to sit still and enjoy the peace and quiet.  I do believe those are the times God is speaking to us and I need to make myself be quiet and listen.  I might miss something important He is trying to tell  me.

Count your Blessings, Lynn


No comments:

Post a Comment