Bella's Blessings

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Blessings to The Pioneer Woman and Bakerella

Well I have always loved to bake.  It's a little harder now because I spent the last 20 years of my life eating any carbohydrate I wanted to and now well I just don't eat them.  So baking is not quite as fun!  With the three older kids gone, Connor, Kirk, and I usually cannot finish anything I make and let's face it if you can't eat it and if no one else eats it- well it is just not so fun.  This weekend with Travis and Brooke here and Abbey and Justin over, I decided to make a Valentine's day spread.  I have really been into two blogs lately:

 The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree Drummond

and

bakerella.com

Luci gave me the Pioneer Woman Cooks - cookbook and while I cannot eat everything she makes- butter and Lawrys seasoning are main staples for her- all of her cooking is great and it is the way I used to cook.
I saw Bakerella on her blog and my secretary Jeanne, made some awesome cake pops, I decided to try cake balls.  You can go to her blog for the recipe. They are awesome- at least I thought so.  My family does not like anything new and they equated my cake balls with my Martha Stewart dressing balls a few years ago and that did not go over well.  They did eat them! I did cheat and have one of each for Valentines Day!  I have some left over so my office staff and teacher's will be happy tomorrow!  Here are my creations:


White Cake Balls

Chocolate Cake Balls

What else but Chocolate Strawberries on Valentine Day!

My Dessert Spread- So very Pretty!
Count your Blessings- Bella!

1 comment: