Bella's Blessings

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Holiday Madness!

Well its that time again when all six kids, grandkids, and extended family have to figure out how we can all be together over the holidays.  There is no doubt- everyone wants to see everybody, but how to do it all as your kids get older and have their own lives and commitments is the question with no easy answers.  I am finding as I get older, I feel such anxiety over this.  Just ask my kids... I am fearful if I don't plan it - it will not happen.  As my mother and father's generation begins to pass on to heaven- it is something I think about often.  So instead of driving my kids crazy- I am going to try to relax and let this go.  I know in the end it will all work out and everyone will get together when they can.  There is just so much more to focus on this year.  Brooke graduates December 4th, Finley's 2nd birthday is being celebrated December 11th,and Brooke's baby shower is December 18th.  Wow- We have a busy December without even counting the holidays.  So my wish for all  you my friends is to enjoy each day you have with your family.  Today, Brooke and I went to Olive Garden and had a great time talking about her baby coming in March and I talked about my two other grandbabies.  Take the time to visit with your kids - it is the greatest gift you can give them.  I think I'll go call my mom and dad!

Here are some pictures of my parents and myself.



My mom and me at Luci's baby shower in May 2010.  Many people say we look  like each other.



This is a recent picture in October 2010 of my parents and myself.  I was just beginning the low carb diet then.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment