Bella's Blessings

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thank God for Sunday Mornings

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7

This has always been my favorite verse as I heard it each Sunday at the closing of the service as part of the blessing. What does this really mean.  In times of turmoil in my life it means God would always be there with peace to help me through and He was and is always there.  In quieter times in life, it means to me I should listen to His peace to be closer to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  So this morning as I was sitting with my granddaughter, watching her eat breakfast and Sesame Street, I was thinking about that peace which passes all understanding and so happy to be in the middle of it.  In my busy daily life, I know I do not take the time to sit and listen to that peace.  I know when I do, life seems so much richer, fuller, and joyful and I am more centered.  Oh, we will begin our Sunday with Church, exercise, grocery store, cooking, laundry, and preparing for the week in an hour or so.  But for right now I am just going to enjoy the Peace of God!  


Kirk and Connor finding Peace in their own ways this Sunday morning

Finley eating her cereal as she does when at Bella's house!







No comments:

Post a Comment