Bella's Blessings

Sunday, September 14, 2014

A Real Principal

I have been on the job for three weeks now as a building principal.  It is a job I have wanted for so long and worked long and hard to get.  My first week I texted my mentor principal, Sonya, and told her this was so much harder than I ever imagined.  She said " I know, you can do it." What is so interesting with her statement is I never knew how hard it was for her. She came to work each day with grace and dignity and showed the same to her staff.  I only hope I can grow into half the principal she is.  She has created a very special place to work at Deerpark Middle School in Roundrock ISD and that is what I hope to do in Dallas.  The theme for the district this year is "think differently, act courageously."  That is exactly what I am doing to effectively serve the students I am called to serve. We have had an awesome start at my school.  We will continue to push forward. Our theme at the school is "we are family."  We do provide a family to many of our students that otherwise have no safe place to come to school.  I will say it is the hardest job I have ever had, yet so far the most rewarding.  Here are some pictures from Convocation:




The test of leadership is not to put greatness into humanity, but to elicit it, for the greatness is already there.


 James Buchanan quotes 

Count Your Blessings, Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment