Bella's Blessings

Saturday, August 9, 2014

The Class of 1979 is Well and Mighty Fine

The class of 1979 is Well and mighty fine!

I went to a small high school, in fact my graduating class had only 32 students.  I had attended the 10 year reunion. It was fun, but everyone at their 10 year reunion tries to impress.  I attended the 25th and had an awesome time.  No one really cared what you had or had not achieved.  I was so excited to attend the 35th and did not leave disappointed.  Kirk and I headed to Houston in June.  We stayed with one of my classmates- Lisa Branch Long and had a terrific time.  We so appreciated the hospitality of Lisa and her sweet husband Sam.  We had a casual dinner with my classmates.  Many thanks to Annette Ford Harper and the committee for a great time.  We were able to raise close to $1000 dollars that night for our departed classmate Dorothy's family.  I also saw my best friend in high school, Sheelah Wooten.  We have not really talked since high school and picked up right where we left off, 35 years later. I had connected with many classmates through facebook, so knew about their lives.  It was just so very nice to see people you grew up with, shared your childhood with, and went to school with for many kindergarten through 12th grade.  Here's to the next 5 years St Thomas Class of 1979.  You can always find me on facebook.

St. Thomas Class of 1979

The beach group 


Jimmy Smith- lived down the street from me and went to St. Thomas most of his grades of school.  He is a true Austinite- Lucky Guy!

Happy Reunion Class of 1979

Lisa Long and Diane

Sheelah and her husband Jay
My senior quote in the 1979 St. Thomas Yearbook

"The time to be happy is now, the place to be happy is here, the way to be happy is to make others so."

Count Your Blessings, Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment