Bella's Blessings

Friday, June 6, 2014

Living the Dream

Well it has been a little over 10 years since I entered this journey as a Principal.  I was an AP for nine years at two middle schools in Round Rock and always had a calling to be a Principal.  As a write this today, I am standing on the shoulders of all those in Round Rock ISD and now Dallas ISD who have supported this journey. Yes I am a Dallas ISD Principal!!!! I went to my new school today and was introduced to the community and staff.  The school is a high school which houses two special high school programs.  The Maya Angelou High School- this is a school of choice for pregnant girls and the Multiple Career Magnet Center - this is a school for the intellectually disabled in helping them to become active citizens.  There is job coaching and career development.  It is such an honor to be trusted with this campus.  I am in awe of those principals who I have worked with and how they must have felt that first day.   The school is in terrific shape and I have big shoes to fill.   I was given a warm welcome and look forward to taking this school to the next level.  I would be remiss if I did not thank my family- all 7 of my kids for taking this journey with me and my sweet parents who have always supported me.  Most importantly, my wonderful husband Kirk who is the wind beneath my wings.  I would not be 1/2 of what I am without him.  I have already begun the transition, I even had to make my first principal decision today!  I am feeling a little overwhelmed, but have confidence that I am up for this challenge.  It will also take courage as well.  I will leave you with an awesome quote from the lady herself:

Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can't practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage.

A family that supports each other and creates a legacy!




This is why I do what I do!


Count Your Blessings, Bella


No comments:

Post a Comment