Bella's Blessings

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Success and Failure

How to measure a man....

Do you measure success by family, money, job satisfaction, other people, comparisons, happiness....

I have been pondering this question this week as we look towards the new school year.   I still have the same job and I expected I would be in another one by now.  Even though I love my job, my boss, and the people I work with, I thought to move forward in my life, I would have to either have my own school or be in school working on my PhD.  Yet something does not seem to be propelling me forward this year.  I feel so very settled.  Kind of a weird feeling for me in this part of the school year.  This feeling doesn't mean I have stopped wanting to learn new things or continue in my career which I love dearly.  Perhaps I have found other ways to be content and measure success.  I am at a good place in life- a strong marriage, successful  and independent children, loving grandchildren ( 3 more on the way), and healthy parents.  I have strong relationships with all these folks and some long lasting friendships.

 I have a loving God who I believe in with my whole heart and I know He has a path for me.  I have for once in my life stopped and listened and feel such contentment and peace. Is there work to be done? Absolutely!   The work will be done- this is called life!

I heard a wonderful message in church last week talking about failure.  The point was- failure is not a person, it is an event and a process.  I pray that each of you will find success,  peace and contentment in your journey.




“A thinker sees his own actions as experiments and questions--as attempts to find out something. Success and failure are for him answers above all.” 
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Count Your Blessings, Bella


2 comments:

  1. Contentment is a great place to be at. Your life is pretty darn good! :)

    ReplyDelete