Bella's Blessings

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Dreaming and Graduating

Around this time of year, I find myself totally inspired by the students and faculty I work with and by my own kids.  Let's start with Abbey Christine- She graduated yesterday from The University of Texas.  This is our third graduation event at that magnificent college in three years.  Brooke got her BS in Education, Abbey her BS in Social Work and now after an intense year long graduate program her MSSW in one year! Her daddy and I could not be prouder.  We had a great lunch with Justin's family Sasha and Juan, then off to the graduation.






I always feel so inspired after listening to the Deans talk about their colleges.  The new Dean at the college of Social work had an excellent quote:

"In dreams begins responsibility" William Butler Yeats

Wow- this one just hit me like a ton of bricks- I had never thought of dreaming that way.  If we do not act on our dreams responsibly, how does the world ever change for the better.  Isn't that why I got into education ...Hmmm.


 I do have three girls working to change the world for the better: Luci with her counseling degree, Brooke with Education, and Abbey with Social Work.  All three will be on hiatus from work outside the home as they care for their children, but I know they make a difference in the lives of their own children and friends. I am very proud of them and hope they are living out their dreams.


Brooke's Graduation


Luci's Graduation

Abbey's Graduation




So where in dreams does the responsibility begin.  I would say acting on your dreams and carrying out your dreams.  I have some dreams that I need to pay attention to.   Do you????

Count Your Blessings, Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment