Bella's Blessings

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Ahhh Sunday!

After a full weekend of football ( Westwood and Texas games), band competition, and family dinners- it is time to rest.  After church this morning, we all came upstairs and fell fast asleep.  The dogs are even tired.  Callie and Maggie are asleep in the front room and Buster is asleep in here.  My Mormon friends used to not even go to places that were open on Sunday- just family time.  There is something to be said for that and the peace and quiet in this room as I type.  My favorite Bible Verse is:

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:7

That is something I strive for- the peace of God- I also try to live my life with that verse at the forefront.  I am reading an interesting book called UnChristian which is about young adults (19-29) leaving the church and why.  It is really helping me understand that age group and the changes in society over the last couple of years causing them to seek God in other ways.  I have had some disappointments in my life as my children do not always follow the path in which I want them to take.  Each time this really causes me to be in unrest and out of sorts ( you can just ask them ).  I just worry for them until I decide to give it to God.  Well recently I have given a few things to God and I have to say on this Sunday at this time I feel the Peace of God! Praise Jesus and thank you for Sundays.  I think I will go back to sleep!

Here are some updated photos of my Blessings:

Hudson in Denver- so beautiful

Finley and Carter having a donut date with their mommy! ( Luci Smith's Photo)
They are getting so big!

My three Boys- still sound asleep! The flash woke up Buster.

No comments:

Post a Comment