Bella's Blessings

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Time of Firsts




I am still here in Louisiana with my sweet daughter and her FIRST child, Hudson.  She and Travis are doing great as new parents.  We have had the occasional stressful time between feedings, but all in all we are well rested and not sleep deprived.  Hudson is a happy baby and a great nurser! 



Abbey and Justin came in to see the baby on Friday night.  This was the FIRST intense family experience that Justin has had with our family.   We are very "clannish"- we all come whenever there is an event, we hang out together,  and we all know about each others lives all the time.  Justin not only had the Smith side of the family, he also had the Hausmann side as well.  He navigated through it great and is now officially part of
the " clan."   Abbey and I left the house for about an hour and went to our FIRST "Cajun " festival.  There was music, food, beer, and beer.  It is exactly what I imagined it would be- there were families there and a great kids area, but I would be remiss if I didn't tell you about the dude in overalls, white wading boots, and a cigarette in his mouth.  One thing I'll tell you, these Cajuns like to have a good time.  Abbey, Justin, and I went to the Tabasco plant and Jungle Island and saw our FIRST wild Alligator in Louisiana.




Hudson also had his "FIRST " outing to the Blue Dog Restaurant.  I treated the family for Travis' birthday and he was an angel of course. Travis had a FIRST and made all of us a great shrimp boil!  Kirk is at home with Connor and is dealing with his own FIRSTS.  Connor has had to see a couple of doctors this week to get ready for his Philmont trip this summer and I usually deal with the Dr. issues.  We have also had other Hudson FIRSTS- first bath, first trip to the grocery store, first trip to the mall in the stroller and first church service.  So we are having an awesome week!  I look forward to more firsts with my new grand baby this week!   Life is full of all kinds of FIRSTS- be sure to count your Blessings!  Bella


First Bath


At the Cajun Festival


Hudson's first outing to Blue Dog Cafe


1 comment:

  1. Lynn, I enjoy reading your blog and seeing you in this role in your life. What a beautiful family you have. It makes me realize how many firsts I have ahead of me in my life. We miss you, but I'm so glad you are with your family for this special time. What a gorgeous baby!

    ReplyDelete