Bella's Blessings

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Word of the Year





Welcome 2013!   Each year I choose a word of the year to focus on.  Last year the word was Jubilee and life for me was certainly a Jubilee:





3 new grandbabies
All kids back in Texas
Stable jobs- both of us happy
Disneyworld with Finley and Carter
Alaska with Kirk, Connor, my mom and dad, and brother's family
Health
Weightloss
Cousin in remission from breast cancer

So what to focus on this year.  Well when I first started thinking about this I came up with the word : intentional.  I wanted to be intentional about eating, exercise, my work. So the word intentional means: done with purpose.  It does have strong meaning  as I want to live a purposeful life.  I do ask for your prayers as I seek discernment of God's will on the intentional decisions I make in this year.  

"Discerning and acting on God's will does not mean you'll never have difficult days or feel lousy sometimes. But choosing to live in alignment with God makes you more joyful, compassionate, and peaceful, even on bad days."
------ Debra K. Farrington, *Hearing with the Heart*

     More of Jesus let me learn
        More of His holy will discern;
     Spirit of God, my teacher be
        Showing the things of Christ to me.

------ ('More About Jesus', EE Hewitt, 1915)

Count Your Blessings, Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment