Bella's Blessings

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Austin - My Oasis

I just love my hometown!  There are some days that I remember how fortunate I am to live in such a beautiful place.  Last night we went to the Oasis.  Now the Oasis is 30 years old this year and believe me it has been through a lot.  It has even burned to the ground and been rebuilt. Kirk and I went there at the end of our college days and remember it being so far out and so expensive. It was such a treat to go there.  Who would have thought 30 years later, I would live 15 minutes from there.  We still consider it a special place.  Brooke's wedding reception was there, so it has those memories as well.  It has become a tourist place to visit, so it is always crowded.  We like the upstairs bar, where you can walk right up.  We get there around 5 or 6 and sit in the sun, drink our drinks and eat our nachos.  The band plays around 7:30 and the sun sets at 8:00 in the summer.  It is a great night and one I would highly recommend.  We took Abbey and Justin last night and had a great time.  I hope they enjoyed it as well.  I miss my older kids and it is so nice having Abbey and Justin here in Austin to just hang with.








On another note- Connor went to " Happening " at Camp Allen all weekend.  We went to the closing mass to surprise him.  He was definitely surprised and loved the whole experience.  Thanks to all those who sent letters and kept him in your prayers all weekend.  He is a shining part of God's masterpiece and we are very proud of him.

Count Your Blessings, Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment