Bella's Blessings

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Galveston oh Galveston!

Just got back from a fabulous conference in Galveston.  I went to the Texas State Middle School Association Conference. For the first time ever all three administrators from my school. went to a conference.  We had time to reflect on our year so far, make adjustments, and plan for next year. We had great admin. interns running the school and one of the high school APs came over to " sit in the big chair" as she says, so the students were well cared for.  I feel refreshed and ready to go back tomorrow and finish the year strong.  We have good ideas to take back and a plan for the 11 days until the first  STAAR test.  So, so important it is to get away and reflect.  I have an awesome boss who "walks the walk" when it comes to collaboration and team work.  Next year we will have cohesive collaboration.  We already have a theme!

 So two really funny stories came out of the days away.  I realize, I am truly a Buckee's girl.  Any of you that have never experienced Buckees on the road have truly been missing something.  First of all any public restroom the has private stalls, hand sanitizer on the wall when you walk into the restroom and in each stall, gets my vote.  My colleague James assured me that the men's restroom was just as clean and sanitized.  Also the mixed caramel, cheese, and butter popcorn is to die for.  So I really suggest the next time you are on  the road down south here in Texas- you stop at a Buckees. My principal had to chuckle at me over Buckees.  The other big laugh was James and his pizza.  He insisted on bringing a pizza home to his family.  I was worried that it would spoil overnight.  He tried to get the hotel to place it in their refrigerator- they said they couldn't as it was against health regulations.  Instead they brought a refrigerator to his room.  Pretty good service if you ask me.  Thanks again to my wonderful boss Sonya for planning this time to attend the conference.  Work just wouldn't be as worthwhile or fun without you!

Room with a view at the San Luis in Galveston

 Missing my grand babies!       Count Your Blessings, Bella


Hudson 11 Months

Finley 3, Carter 20 months



No comments:

Post a Comment